The key pieces of data protection for the UK and privacy legislation include:
- The Data Protection Act 1998;
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003;
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000;
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000;
- The Human Rights Act 1998
The Information We Collect
The personal information that we collect is provided by you directly when using our website and we use a secure server technology to hold this data safely. This includes when you place an order with us, sign up to receive our newsletters and mailouts, interact with us on social media etc. This type of information includes:
- Name and Title
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Payment Information
- IP Address
- Device Information
Why We Collect This Information
- To enable us to successfully process and fulfill your order.
- To monitor our website and its usage.
- To improve your website experience and recommend products we think you may be interested in based on your purchase history.
- To ensure you are kept up to date - if you have signed up to our mailouts, we will send you regular emails informing you of our latest news and offers.
- For security purposes, such as investigating possible fraud attempts where it is necessary to protect ourselves and external parties.
We may record both incoming and outgoing calls for staff, training, and security purposes.
Emails and Text Messages
We may use emails and text messages to get in touch with you about the progress of your order. If you do not wish to receive emails from us please do not include your email address. We will, however, need your best contact number so that we can get in touch with you regarding the progress of your order.
Sharing Your Information
We only share your information so that we can successfully fulfill your order. This includes:
- Internal staff members to enable us to satisfy our contractual obligations in providing a certain product and level of service to you.
- Other companies that we own, as necessary to operate the site.
- Suppliers, manufacturers, or service providers working with us.
- Payment processing companies.
- Delivery carriers and couriers will be involved in delivering your order.
- Our professional and legal advisors.
- Government authorities or law enforcement e.g. to report a perceived fraud attempt
Storing Your Date
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes outlined above. This time is indefinite and will vary depending on factors including but not limited to invoicing, tax or warranty purposes.
We may also keep hold of correspondence with you including phone calls, emails or text messages to protect us from a legal claim if you have made a formal complaint against us or one of our products.
We do not, knowingly, collect personal information or data from children under the age of 18.
Our site collects anonymous data from our cookies. This helps us to understand and measure our site’s performance and provide the best shopping experience for you.
You have certain rights with regard to your personal data, including the right to access or update your information. You also have the right to request that we erase your personal data from our systems. If we do not choose to oblige with your request for whatever reason, we will explain the reasons why.